Maximize your savings on your terms. You have the options and opportunity.
You're ready to do more with your savings and make serious progress toward your savings goals. Whether you're saving for tuition, a special purchase, or creating a safety net for the unexpected, Clearview savings certificates boost your momentum.
The key is patience. The longer you keep your funds on deposit, the more they grow at a fixed, higher rate. But we're not talking multiple years, necessarily. You can choose time frames of several months, depending on when you need access to money for what you're trying to achieve. And you're certainly not restricted to one savings certificate. Spread out your money so it matures at different times for greater flexibility.
Certificate SpecialsYour savings, your way. Three rates for every goal.
- 5.00% APY* for 7 months
- 4.75% APY* for 11 months
- 4.50% APY* for 13 months
- Choose a term from 3 months to 5 years
- Higher rates than most traditional savings accounts
- 3- and 6-month savings certificates require a $500 minimum deposit
- 12- to 60-month savings certificates require a $1,000 minimum deposit
- Renews at maturity unless you indicate otherwise (early withdrawal penalties apply)
- Rates change weekly, but you lock in the current rate when you open your certificate
- Jumbo certificates are available at various rates and terms, call for details
Bump Rate Certificates
- Offered for 24 or 36 months
- Increase your savings by “bumping” your rate once during the term if rates increase1
- Jumbo Bump Rate certificates are also available with a minimum $100,000 opening balance, 50% of which needs to be new funds not on deposit with Clearview
Flex Savings Certificates
- A 12-month certificate perfect for short-term goals
- $100 minimum initial deposit
- Bonus rate of 0.10% over our current 12-month certificate rate
- Add $25 or more to the certificate at any time
- Various choices with different time frames
- No risk of principal loss
- Fixed, high rates for the full term
- Insured by NCUA
Consider this before opening a savings certificate
What is a savings certificate?
It's a no-risk, higher-reward savings account that grows your money at higher interest rates compared to other savings account options. You'll also see these referred to as a certificate of deposit, or CD.
How does a savings certificate work?
You choose how long you want to keep your money deposited, known as the term length, and your money earns dividends at a fixed rate for that term. Typically, longer terms and larger deposits grow at our highest rates. With Clearview, you can choose terms anywhere between 3 months and 5 years. A savings certificate is best if you don't need access to the money you deposit. A penalty may apply if you end up withdrawing your money before the term ends.
How can a savings certificate help me?
They give your savings an extra boost over a specific period of time. Short-term savings certificates help you save for vacations, holiday celebrations, and anything else you can think of. Choosing long-term certificates lets you build savings for larger expenses such as down payments on a home or vehicle, education expenses, or retirement.
After 7-month certificate matures, the certificate will automatically renew at the then-current 6-month certificate rate unless you indicate otherwise.
After 11-month certificate matures, the certificate will automatically renew at the then-current 12-month certificate rate unless you indicate otherwise.
After 13-month certificate matures, the certificate will automatically renew at the then-current 12-month certificate rate unless you indicate otherwise.
1 During the term of a "Bump Rate Certificate," you have the option to make a one-time written or verbal request to adjust your interest rate without incurring a penalty. The "Bump" rate will remain in effect until the certificate maturity date. Certificates receiving special promotional rates do not qualify for the "Bump" rate feature. Minimum $1,000 opening balance required; must be opened with 50% new funds not on deposit with Clearview. Offer valid for 24 or 36 month Consumer Certificates and IRA Certificates only. After the Certificate matures, it will automatically renew at the current 24 or 36 month Certificate rate unless you indicate otherwise. Subject to penalty for early withdrawal.