Google PayTM FAQs
What devices can I use with Google Pay?
You can use Google Pay with your NFC-enabled device running Android OS 4.4 (KitKat) or higher.
What Clearview Federal Credit Union cards can I add to Google Pay?
Google Pay will work with all Clearview Federal Credit Union consumer Credit and Debit Cards.
How do I add my Clearview FCU Debit and/or Credit Card to Google Pay? Follow the steps below:
- In the Google Pay app on your device, touch the + sign to add a credit or debit card to Google Pay using your phone.
- Choose the add debit or credit option.
- To automatically add your card information, position your card in the camera frame. Enter the security code found on your card and provide additional information as required.
- Accept the terms of service and set your screen lock.
- You may be requested to follow additional steps to verify your card.
- To manually add your card information, choose the add manually button on the bottom of the screen.
- Enter the card number, expiration date, CVC number and the billing address.
- Click save.
Why am I being asked to verify my Clearview FCU card?
For security reasons, we may need you to provide additional verification to add your Clearview FCU debit or credit card to Google Pay. If necessary, the Google Pay app will tell you how to verify your card.
How can I set my Clearview FCU Debit and/or Credit Card as my default card in Google Pay?
- In the app, from the home screen, touch your Clearview FCU Debit or Credit card and select the “set as default card” option.
- Touch and hold the card you would like to make the default card and move it to the top of the screen under “default card”.
Where can you use Google Pay?
You can pay with your Android compatible phone wherever you see one of these symbols.
View a list of merchants and apps at the Google Pay site.
How secure is Google Pay?
Because Google Pay uses a unique virtual account number to share your payment information, your name and full card details never show in the app and are never shared with the store. Google stores the payment information on secure servers and encrypts it with SSL (secure socket layer) technology. Additionally, you must set up a screen lock which can be a PIN, password or pattern in order to use Google Pay.
What is the virtual account number?
It is a unique number assign to each one of your Clearview FCU cards that you add to Google Pay. The virtual number is used at checkout so your full card details are never shared with the store.
What happens if my phone is lost or stolen and I have Clearview FCU cards in Google Pay?
If your Android device is ever lost or stolen you can use Android Device Administrator to lock it remotely, create a new password, and wipe your personal information from it. We also recommend notifying Clearview FCU at 1-800-926-0003. If you locate your device, you will need to add your card back to Google Pay before making any Google Pay purchases.
What if my Clearview Federal Credit Union Debit or Credit card is stolen?
Please contact Clearview Federal Credit Union for further information.
Does Clearview Federal Credit Union charge members to use Google Pay?
No, there is no cost to members for this service.