Absolute Checking® FAQs
What benefits are available with my Absolute Checking account?
With the new Absolute Checking account, you’ll receive benefits that reward you for the purchases you make every day, save you money and provide you with added protection.
Here are just a few of our favorites:
- Cell Phone Protection of up to $300 of replacement or repair costs for the first three phones listed on your cell phone bill if your cell phone is stolen or damaged.* (Cellular telephone bill must be paid using eligible account)
- Identity theft protection for you and your eligible family† members with IDProtect®. This feature offers credit file monitoring‡, alerts when changes to your credit profile occur‡, ability to request a 3-in-1 credit report every 90 days‡, and even fraud expense reimbursement up to $10,000 to cover expenses associated with restoring your identity.*
- Debit AdvantageTM* offers buyer’s protection, which covers items for 90 days from the date of purchase against accidental breakage, fire or theft. Extended Warranty extends the U.S. manufacturer’s original written warranty up to one full year on most new retail purchases if the warranty is less than five years. (Item(s) must be purchased entirely with eligible account)
- Travel and Leisure Discounts include money-saving discounts from thousands of local and national businesses.‡
- Debit Purchase Rewards provides cash back for shopping at popular retailers with your Clearview Debit Card.
- $hopping Rewards™ provides access to exclusive offers and discounts at thousands of leading online retailers and when you shop online using the customized shopping portal you receive cash back to use towards future purchases or cash back can be sent to you as a check.‡
These benefits — and more — are yours with Absolute Checking‡. Some of them do require a no-fee registration and must be requested or activated.
What is eClub?
eClub provides benefits for added security, savings, and convenience that we bundled with Clearview’s convenient features to provide greater value with your Absolute Checking account. To enroll and fully experience all the benefits that come with your Absolute Checking account, you can access eClub via the ‘eClub’ button in Clearview’s Online Banking. (Log in to Clearview’s Online Banking via the login box on the home page at clearviewfcu.org, or if you aren’t yet enrolled in Online Banking, click the “New User” button in the login box.) You may also call 1-866-210-0361 for questions related to any of the benefits or for assistance with registration and activation. You will need your Access Code.
Why is there a monthly fee for this checking account?
We created our Absolute Checking account because we wanted a way to help more members experience the features of a premium account.
The monthly service charge can be avoided altogether based on the activity in the account. Maintain a $10,000 combined balance among all your Clearview deposits (savings, checking, IRAs and certificates), a $20,000 combined balance of your deposits and loans or deposit $5,000 or more in total direct deposits to your checking account during the month and the $5.00 monthly fee will be waived. If you are age 25 or younger, the $2.00 monthly fee will be waived.
With all the enhanced features, I’m surprised the monthly service fee is only $5. This sounds too good to be true. How is this possible?
We’re excited, too! The Absolute Checking account offers great value for a minimal monthly service fee. Many members will receive their Absolute Checking account for free based on their relationship.
When will the fee for my Absolute Checking account be assessed?
The monthly service fee will be assessed on the last day of the month, which means you have until the last day of the month to meet any of the requirements for waiving the fee.
The account’s monthly service fee can be avoided with $5,000 or more in total direct deposits to my checking account during the month. Does that include deposits from my account’s Joint Owner?
Yes, all direct deposits from account owners and joint owners will count towards the $5,000 monthly minimum for waiving the fee.
I’m approaching 26 years old…will I receive a notification before my 26th birthday that the fee for my account will soon change?
No, there will be no additional notification to members regarding the increase in the monthly service fee from $2 to $5 once they turn 26. The provided Terms and Conditions disclosure will contain information regarding our fee schedule, which explains the monthly service fees. Many members will receive these enhanced features for free based on their relationship.
I’m a member/veteran of the U.S. military…do I receive any special benefits with my account?
Members who are considered active or retired military personnel will be eligible to use our coin counter machines in branches at no cost. If your military ID was previously noted on your Clearview account or if you had a military checking account, your coin counting fee will continue to be waived without interruption. If you’re a new member with a military ID, or if your military ID has never been added to your account details, feel free to review that with a representative in a Clearview location to redeem or confirm that you will receive the benefit.
* Special Insurance Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only. They do not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Insurance is offered through the company named on the certificate of insurance. Guide to Benefit is enclosed.
†IDProtect service is a personal identity theft protection service available to personal checking account owners, their joint account owners and their eligible family members. The service is available to non- publicly traded businesses and their business owner(s) listed on the account and their eligible family members (service not available to employees or authorized signers who are not owners). Service is not available to a "signer" on the account who is not an account owner. Service is not available to clubs, organizations and/or churches and their members, schools and their employees/students. For revocable grantor trusts, the service is available only when a grantor is serving as a trustee and covers the grantor trustee(s) and their eligible family members. For all other fiduciary accounts, the service covers the beneficiary, who must be the primary member, and their eligible family members (Fiduciary is not covered). Family includes: Spouse, persons qualifying as domestic partner, and children under 25 years of age and parent(s) of the account holder who are residents of the same household.
Insurance Products are not insured by the NCUA or any Federal Government Agency; not a deposit of or guaranteed by the credit union or any credit union affiliate.