2019 Ralph B. Canterbury Scholarship
We’re currently accepting applications for our 20th annual Ralph B. Canterbury Scholarship!
A total of 10 scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $1,500 each1. We’ve also simplified the application process, so you can apply quickly and easily online!
Paper applications will also be accepted, and are available for download, but online applications are preferred. Once you begin your online application, you will have the option to submit a mailed official transcript from your current school, or you can send an email request to your counselor or other school official right from your application, so they can directly upload a copy of your transcript at their convenience by the March 31 deadline.
Scholarship applications must be received at Clearview by March 31, 2019. All winners will be recognized at our Annual Meeting, held at Clearview’s Main Office in Moon Township, Pa., on Thursday, June 27, 2019.
- All applicants must be members in good standing. Applicant must be the primary member on the account.
- Students must be applying to or enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program at a college, university or educational institution (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester for undergraduate and minimum of 6 credit hours per semester for graduate programs) during the fall semester of 2019 to be eligible.
- Employees, Board Members, Supervisory Committee Members and Scholarship Committee Members of Clearview FCU are not eligible.
- Immediate family members of Clearview FCU Board Members, Supervisory Committee Members, Scholarship Committee Members and Management Employees at the level of Director or above are not eligible.
- Previous Ralph B. Canterbury Scholarship winners are not eligible
Email us at email@example.com or call our scholarship line at (412) 299-6083.
This annual scholarship is in honor of former Credit Union President Ralph B. Canterbury’s outstanding service and loyalty to the Credit Union during his 34-year tenure.
Clearview understands the importance of education, and we are proud to offer this special scholarship to our members.
Not a Clearview member?
To be eligible for the Ralph B. Canterbury Scholarship, you must be a Clearview member. If you are not a member, complete an online membership application here.
1. Applicants may not be a previous winner of the Ralph B. Canterbury Scholarship; an employee of Clearview FCU; a member of the Clearview FCU Board of Directors, Supervisory Committee or Scholarship Committee; or an immediate family member of a Clearview FCU Board Member, Supervisory Committee Member or Management Employee.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
Clearview members are also eligible for the Beaver Valley Chapter of Credit Unions’ Scholarship. A total of five scholarships will be awarded this year in amounts ranging from $500 to $1,500 each. View complete details and eligibility requirements and download an application. Completed applications must be postmarked no later than March 1, 2019. Mail your completed application to:
New Alliance Federal Credit Union
Attn: Beaver Valley Chapter Scholarship Committee
835 Merchant Street
Ambridge, Pa 15003
Clearview members are also eligible for the Allegheny–Kiski Valley Chapter Scholarship. Up to four scholarships will be awarded this year in the amount of $500 each. View complete details and eligibility requirements and download an application. Completed applications must be postmarked by February 5, 2019. Mail your completed application to:
ATTN: Scholarship Entry
P.O. Box 189
Saxonburg, PA 16056
Financing Your Education
Clearview realizes that furthering your education can be a financial hardship. That’s why our CU Student Choice Private Loan Program can be the solution to your college funding. The CU Student Choice Private Loan Program will help you fill educational funding gaps that federal aid may leave behind. It is a unique product that is structured as a line of credit. Students can apply once and make multiple draws, as needed, throughout the course of their undergraduate studies. For more information or to apply for our CU Student Choice Private Loan Program, call 1-877-230-4508.
Clearview also offers additional loan options to help pay for education expenses. For more information, call 1-800-926-0003 or visit any Clearview financial center.