Interest rates? Really low. Benefits? Way too many to count.Whether you're shopping downtown or down the street, online or at the outlets, you try to get the best possible price on whatever you want to buy. But when you use a credit card with a high interest rate, you actually drive up the price of each purchase. Clearview's Platinum Mastercard® helps our Pittsburgh-area friends keep costs under control by carrying an exceptionally low interest rate.
- 6.49% APR on all new purchases until December 2022*
- No annual fee
- 25-day grace period on purchases
- Emergency cash and card replacement
- Receive text alerts whenever we notice a potentially fraudulent use of your card
- Instant issue cards available at select locations
Other Platinum Mastercard® BenefitsIn addition to offering this low-interest rate credit card, Mastercard is committed to helping you out in any way possible. Some of our services include:
- Mastercard Global Service™ provides 24/7 assistance if your card is lost or stolen, you need an emergency cash advance, or you simply require account information.
- Mastercard Airport Concierge™ takes stress out of travel by letting you arrange for a dedicated agent to escort you through the airport on departure, arrival, or any connecting flights.
- Mastercard ID Theft Protection™ provides a wide array of services, at no extra cost, that help detect and resolve identity theft.
- Priceless Cities Offers & Experiences provides special access to events, restaurants, museums, and tours in cities around the globe.
- Mastercard Golf provides cardholders access to exceptional golf courses around the world, as well as discounts on lessons.
Key considerations before you apply for a credit card
How does a credit card work?A credit card allows you to borrow money from a lender. When you apply for a credit card, you agree to pay the funds back under certain terms. These terms include your credit limit, or the set amount you are able to borrow, your annual percentage rate (APR), and other fees. When you use a credit card to purchase something, you’ll need to make a regular minimum payment on the account. This minimum payment will be set by your financial institution and is calculated by a percentage of your overall balance. When possible, you should try to pay off your balance in full each month to avoid paying interest and fees.
What is credit card interest?Credit card interest is the amount a lender charges the cardholder to make purchases with the card. Typically, this interest is set at an annual rate known as the annual percentage rate (APR). Credit card issuers use APR to determine the amount of interest the cardholder is charged each day for purchases and the overall unpaid balance on the card. A low-interest rate credit card may save you money when financing big purchases or paying down debt.
What are the benefits of using a credit card?A credit card can help build your credit score. When you manage your card responsibly by keeping the balance low and making regular payments, you can improve your credit score. Credit cards also allow you to delay making payments until a later date and break up larger sum purchases into smaller payments (with interest) over time. Some credit cards, like the Platinum Mastercard®, even allow you to withdraw cash, also referred to as a cash advance. While this can be helpful when you don't have money on hand, keep in mind there may be additional fees associated with this withdrawal. There are many benefits of using a credit card, there are also quite a few myths surrounding credit usage.
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Payments to your credit card will be posted according to applicable laws. The 6.49% APR will be in effect until December 31, 2022, at which time the rate will then revert to your standard variable rate. Standard variable rate based on creditworthiness. Promotional period is effective from October 1, 2021 until December 31, 2022. Clearview Business credit cards are excluded. All loan approvals are subject to normal underwriting guidelines and may require a co-signer. You must be at least 18 years old to apply. Insured by NCUA.
Have a Clearview Lending Rep contact me
Looking to speak with someone about credit cards? Complete the below form and we'll be in touch!
Still have questions about Platinum Mastercard®?
If you're traveling internationally please take the following steps:
- Set travel notifications for your debit and credit card(s) from our Card Defense® app. Within Card Defense®, tap on your card then select Travel Notifications. If you have multiple cards, you'll have to set the notification for each card individually. You can also contact us 1-800-926-0003 prior to your departure with the dates and cities you’ll be traveling to so we can notate your cards for travel. We recommend taking more than one form of payment with you when you travel.
- You'll be asked for a PIN number if you're using your card outside of the U.S., so make sure you have a PIN set up on all cards you'll be taking with you. To set up a PIN for credit cards, call 1-866-576-1342, for debit cards, call 1-866-985-2273.
We use email to communicate with digital banking users. Please log in to digital banking and select My profile under Manage account. Under Personal Information, type your new email address in the Email section and click the Update button. You can also call us at 1-800-926-0003 and we'll make this change for you.
Protect yourself by registering for real-time text fraud alerts for your Clearview credit and debit cards. Once registered, you'll receive a text and/or pre-recorded voice call when there's a suspicious transaction on your card.
Register today. It only takes a few minutes!
Register today. It only takes a few minutes!
You can get a new credit or debit card printed on the spot at some of our financial centers for the following reasons:
- When your card is lost or stolen
- When your card is damaged
- When you open a new checking account at a financial center
Visit our location pages to see which financial centers offer instant issue credit and debit cards.
To review recent transactions, select your credit card from the My accounts page. For additional credit card information, under Manage account, select Manage my credit card.
Call our Care Center at 1-800-926-0003 to make your payment from your debit card or checking account at another financial institution to your Clearview loan or credit card. There's a service fee per transaction. You can avoid this fee by making a payment within digital banking. Learn more about your repayment options.
If you're unable to use any other methods to make a payment to your loan or credit card, please send payments to the following addresses:
- Credit cards: Clearview Federal Credit Union, PO Box 71050, Charlotte, NC 28272-1050
- Loan or deposit address: Clearview Federal Credit Union, ATTN: Payment Processing, 8805 University Blvd, Moon Twp, PA 15108-2580.