It's no big deal. So there should be no big fee.
When a Pittsburgh friend or family member is running a little short on funds, you lend them a hand. It's just the right thing to do. At Clearview, we have the same helpful attitude toward members who overdraw their checking accounts. Under our protection plans, we make sure your transaction is covered, your payments are honored, and that you don't face astronomical returned-check fees.
- Allows automatic transfers from your savings, Money Market, and Member's Choice accounts, or PowerLine and Home Equity Lines of Credit accounts
- Overdraft Protection transfers are made in increments of $100, and are subject to available balance/credit line limits on the account being transferred from
- Call 1-800-926-0003 to verify your current set-ups for overdraft protection, or to set up protection for your account
- Allows qualified members who are at least 18 years old to overdraw their accounts
- There is a $35 fee each time we pay an overdraft, capped at four fees per day
- You will also receive a $5 daily overdraft fee once your checking account has been overdrawn more than seven days, up to $100 per occurrence
- Courtesy Pay allows us to authorize and pay overdrafts for automatic bill payments and checks and other transactions made using a checking account number
Extended Courtesy Pay
- Choice of protection programs
- Arrange for automatic transfers
- Avoid check-bouncing fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money available in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. Whether you have enough money in your account to cover a transaction is based on your available balance. See Clearview’s Terms & Conditions to learn how the available balance works.
Overdraft Protection Plans allow automatic transfers to occur from your Saving(s), Money Market, and Members Choice accounts, PowerLine and Home Equity Lines of Credit accounts. Overdraft protection can be set up at any time. Please contact us as 1-800-926-0003 to verify your current setup for overdraft protection, or to set up overdraft protection for your account.
Please note that the transfer from a deposit account and/or an advance from a line of credit will process before Courtesy Pay or Extended Courtesy Pay. There is no fee for an Overdraft Protection transfer.
We authorize and pay transactions using the available balance in your account. The available balance is the ledger balance (collected funds) minus any holds. As such the available balance does not include any deposited funds on hold. We may place a hold on deposited funds in accordance with our Funds Availability Policy. If the funds in the available balance are not sufficient to cover a transaction, any available overdraft protection and/or Courtesy Pay may be used to authorize and pay a transaction.
We will also place a hold on your account for any authorized debit card transaction until the transaction settles (usually within two business days) or as permitted by payment system rules. In some cases, the hold may exceed the amount of the transaction. When the hold ends, we will add the funds to the available balance. If your account is overdrawn after such held funds are added to the available balance and the transaction is posted to the available balance, an overdraft fee may be assessed.
Yes. You can choose to protect your checking account with overdraft protection from any of the following accounts:
- Savings account
- Money Market account
- PowerLine Line of Credit
- Home Equity Line of Credit
Please note that the transfer from a deposit account and/or an advance from a line of credit will process before Courtesy Pay or Extended Courtesy Pay. There is no fee for a traditional Overdraft Protection transfer.
Courtesy Pay allows qualified members who are at least 18 years old to overdraw their accounts. There is a $35.00 fee each time we pay an overdraft, capped at four fees per day. You will also receive a $5.00 daily overdraft fee once your checking account has been overdrawn more than 7 days, up to $100.00 per occurrence. Courtesy Pay allows us to authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using a checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
The limit for Courtesy Pay is up to $1,000, based on the aggregate total of deposits made to the eligible checking account during the previous month. The limit does not change if you are opted in to Extended Courtesy Pay.
No. The overdraw limit is not part of your balance. Rather, it is simply a threshold the Credit Union may extend to you beyond your available checking balance.
Items are returned NSF when the overdrawn balance is more than your available Courtesy Pay amount.
You can opt out of the service at any time by contacting our Care Center at 1-800-926-0003 or visiting a financial center. Please note this request could take up to 24 hours. Without Courtesy Pay, overdrawn items will be returned unpaid and a $35.00 NSF fee will be assessed after funds for overdraft protection (if applicable) have been depleted. You may also be charged additional fees by the merchant/payee.
You may opt in online or by visiting your local Clearview financial center.
Extended Courtesy Pay allows qualified opted in members who are at least 18 years old to overdraw their accounts. There is a $35.00 fee each time we pay an overdraft, capped at four fees per day. You will also receive a $5.00 daily overdraft fee once your checking account has been overdrawn more than 7 days, up to $100.00 per occurrence. Extended Courtesy Pay allows us to authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- ATM withdrawals
- Everyday debit card transactions (recurring payments are not included)
Yes. If you have more than one checking account, you must choose to opt in to Extended Courtesy Pay separately for each checking account. Covering one account with Extended Courtesy Pay will not cover all of your Clearview checking accounts from overdrafts at ATMs and from everyday debit card transactions. However, each eligible checking account in good standing will be automatically opted in to Courtesy Pay.
- Has a qualifying deposit to the eligible checking account within the prior month
- Brings the account to a positive balance at least once every 30 days or less
- Has not caused the Credit Union a loss
- Has no delinquent obligations with the Credit Union
- Has no legal orders, garnishments, executions, or levies including bankruptcy notices
- Has not engaged in suspicious or abusive activity
- Maintains the required par value in their regular savings account
You must bring your account to a positive balance at least once every 30 days or less.
Yes. Clearview maintains the right to remove Courtesy Pay privileges from your account at its sole discretion. We are not obligated to honor any item presented for payment if the account does not contain sufficient available funds.