Pay for care and get a tax break? It's just what the doctor ordered.At Clearview, we wish good health to you and your loved ones. But almost every Pittsburgh-area family experiences serious illness or injury at some point. A Health Savings Account allows you to set aside money for all kinds of medical needs, so when the time comes, you can focus on getting better and not on paying the bills.
- Contributions may be tax-free or tax-deductible*
- Take your account with you if you change jobs
- Use funds for dental, vision, and other qualified medical expenses
- Account balances left over at end of year automatically roll over to next year
- Earn dividends on deposits
- Track available funds through Online Banking and the Mobile App
HSA QualificationsDue to federal regulations, you must meet the following qualifications to open a Health Savings Account:
- You must be covered by a high-deductible health plan.
- You must not be covered by another general coverage medical plan or Medicare.
- You must not be eligible to be claimed as a dependent.
- You must not have received VA medical benefits in the previous three months.
The Impact of Saving More
- Covers wide range of care
- Potential tax benefits
- Account remains yours, even if you change jobs
*Consult a tax advisor