This can sound complicated, but we'll help you get the hang of it.
Raising kids is a challenge, and so is understanding grown-up finances. You'll soon learn that no two checking accounts are exactly alike, that home mortgages can have considerably different repayment terms, and that there are countless ways to save for college, each with its own advantages. But breathe easy, because Clearview is happy to help our Pittsburgh-area friends make the right decisions.
Building up to Big Things
So you have a job, a spouse or partner, and maybe a kid or two. Whoa, that's a lot of responsibility. From here on out, not much comes for free. Not only do you have to work hard to meet all of life's demands, but you need to squeeze every ounce of potential out of your finances.
- Let's start with a strong foundation. You need a checking account that helps you manage money and not just spend it. It would also be nice if it had a few bells and whistles that made life a wee bit nicer. You've just described Clearview's Absolute Checking® account. Our free Mobile App helps you tap into your money from wherever life takes you. Your deposits earn you dividends that put extra cash in your wallet. And then there's a pile of perks that includes travel discounts, shopping rewards, cell phone protection, and extended warranties.
- We can tell you like the sound of all those rewards. Want to double down? It's time for a Big Boy or Big Girl credit card. Our Premium World® Mastercard® charges you zero interest for the first year, pays you cash back on purchases, and makes it easy to earn points you can turn in for travel services, merchandise and loan rate discounts.
- We hate to break this to you, but life is about to get pretty expensive. In no particular order, you're going to need a car or two, a house, rooms full of appliances and furniture, clothes and toys for the kids, and money for emergencies. Wow, that's a lot on your mind! Better add some extra cash for a vacation to decompress from it all. A Money Market account is a safe, solid way to grow your cash faster than a regular savings account. You'll earn investment-level returns, yet still have easy access to your money.
- With an imposing house down payment looming in the not-too-distant future, we might need to get just a bit more creative. One way to make even more money is with a Bump Rate Certificate. This cool savings tool is the ultimate win-win proposition. From the beginning, it guarantees you a really high rate of return. But even more exciting is that you can lock in an even better certificate rate should overall interest rates rise in the future.
- Soon enough, you'll pull together enough cash to achieve the American dream. You then might spend months traveling around the Pittsburgh area, looking for the perfect home in the perfect neighborhood. But that's going to seem like a cakewalk compared to figuring out how to finance your six-figures-or-more purchase. Our advice: Ask for help. Clearview's friendly lending team can explain the ins and outs of mortgages, and help you pick a loan that fits your monthly budget and long-term financial plan.
- Here's a hard truth: No matter how responsible you are, the chips don't always fall your way. You might have a dip in your income, a bout of poor health, or run into a major repair bill. Whether you want a revolving credit line or a lump sum of cash, we can help you get over any financial hump with a personal loan that won't cost you an arm and a leg.
- It wasn't long ago you were still a student. Now look how far you've come. There's only one more thing to worry about - college. That is, college costs for your kids. Even if they're still learning the ABCs, it's not to soon to start saving. A long-term, high-return Share Certificate can get you rolling in the right direction. Or if you're looking for some tax benefits, you might consider a Coverdell Education Savings Account, which can someday let your kids enjoy the same opportunities that got you to where you are today.