Clearview Cares contributed $10,000 for emergency relief, $100,000 in community efforts, and morePittsburgh, PA, January 21, 2021… The year 2020 presented incredible need for many in our community due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Clearview Federal Credit Union continued and increased their community support through the Clearview Cares initiative. In 2020, the Clearview Cares program benefited thousands of people throughout Southwestern Pennsylvania, including:
- A total of 30,000 meals for frontline workers, including medical personnel and first responders, at the onset of the pandemic.
- A $10,000 donation was made to the Pittsburgh Foundation Emergency Action Fund.
- With food insecurity on the rise, an ongoing partnership with Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank delivered 200,000+ meals.
- A Thanksgiving turkey distribution provided a holiday meal for over 200 families.
- More than $100,000 was donated to support local community efforts.
- Scholarships totaling $15,000 to high school seniors for secondary education.
- A financial literacy program benefitting over 5,000+ students.
- Donations of $18,500 to 10 local community organizations to spread the holiday spirit during a difficult holiday season.
- Clearview staff volunteered more than 3,400 hours in the community adhering to all state mandated protocols.
“Here at Clearview, we stand behind our vision of “Helping People to Enjoy a Better Life.” In doing so, we are proud that in the most difficult of times that we were able to continue to support members, communities, and employees. We are grateful for our membership, who are at the core of all that we do, our devoted staff and their selflessness during such a challenging year, and to all the organizations making a difference,” said President and CEO Ron Celaschi.
About Clearview Federal Credit Union
Clearview Federal Credit Union has been in operation since 1953 and serves over 108,000 members with reported assets valued over $1.5 billion as of January 2021. Membership in Clearview is open to individuals who live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school in the Southwestern Pennsylvania community, which includes Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Washington and Westmoreland counties. Membership is also open to immediate family members of current Clearview members. Visit clearviewfcu.org for more information. Clearview Federal Credit Union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration and is an Equal Housing Lender.