Clearview donated over $100,000, 7,000+ volunteer hours to local charities in 2019Pittsburgh, PA, January 17, 2020…Clearview Federal Credit Union employees and members donated over $100,000 and employees volunteered 7,630 hours to diverse local charities in the Greater Pittsburgh region throughout 2019. Clearview’s efforts helped to support a variety of organizations from animal charities and student scholarships to school districts to food pantries. Philanthropy and volunteerism are at the heart of what Clearview does. The year was capped off with their December charity event, which saw over 1,000 warm clothing items donated to 10 local organizations, including hats, coats, gloves and other winter weather clothing to disadvantaged families in the region.
Highlights of Clearview’s impact on the community through 2019 include:
- A benefit for over 10 animal charities in February 2019
- 33rd annual golf outing, which provided $5,000 to Steel City Kennel and Dog Rescue and $5,000 to Junior Achievement of Western PA and JA Biztown
- $2,500 donated via the Joseph C. Cirelli Community Service Award to Helping Hands of Centerpoint in Monaca, Pa.
- 20th Annual Ralph B. Canterbury scholarship for area students
- $3,000 and over 37 boxes of donations for the Yellow Ribbon Girls to support U.S. troops overseas
- $24,000 donated to 12 local organizations during Clearview’s “12 Days of Giving” in December 2019.
About Clearview Federal Credit Union
Clearview Federal Credit Union has been in operation since 1953 and serves over 104,000 members with reported assets valued over $1.2 billion as of December 2019. Membership in Clearview is open to individuals who live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school in the Southwestern Pennsylvania community, which includes Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Washington and Westmoreland counties. Membership is also open to immediate family members of current Clearview members. Visit clearviewfcu.org for more information. Clearview Federal Credit Union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration and is an Equal Housing Lender.