Clearview donates $100,000+, 7,000+ volunteer hoursPittsburgh, PA, February 20, 2020… Clearview Federal Credit Union has completed the first year under their “Clearview Cares” program, which gives employees the opportunity to volunteer their time and talent throughout Southwestern Pennsylvania. Through their efforts, over 300 Clearview staff volunteered more than 7,500 hours to 250+ charitable organizations. In addition to volunteer hours, Clearview gave over $100,000 in sponsorship donations, assisting more than 400 nonprofit organizations throughout the year.
Through the Clearview Cares program, Clearview was able to benefit people throughout Southwestern Pennsylvania as well as East Liverpool, Ohio. Highlights include:
- Awarded $15,000 in scholarships to area students • Educated over 6,500 students in the region on financial literacy
- Delivered over 150 dinners through Thanksgiving Dinner Basket Program
- Donated $24,000 in year-end holiday giving
- Collected and donated pet supply items to 10 local animal shelters
- Sent supplies, treats, and cards to U.S. troops abroad
- Donated over 1,000 items for organizations that support disadvantaged individuals
About Clearview Federal Credit Union
Clearview Federal Credit Union has been in operation since 1953 and serves over 104,000 members with reported assets valued over $1.2 billion as of January 2020. Membership in Clearview is open to individuals who live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school in the Southwestern Pennsylvania community, which includes Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Washington and Westmoreland counties. Membership is also open to immediate family members of current Clearview members. Visit clearviewfcu.org for more information. Clearview Federal Credit Union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration and is an Equal Housing Lender.