Get real-time control of your debit or credit cards from your phone.
Our Card Defense® app adds a new level of security to your cards. Just log in and enroll your Clearview credit and debit cards to get started. Once your cards are enrolled, you'll be able to:
- Turn your cards off if you misplace them. (You can also turn them back on once you find them again!)
- Report your cards lost or stolen. A new card will automatically be mailed to you within 7-10 business days. New credit cards will appear automatically in Card Defense®, where you can add it to your mobile wallet and use it wherever mobile wallet payments are accepted. You don’t need to wait to activate your physical card to start using it!
- Quickly and easily add your card to your mobile wallet with the tap of a button.
- Set travel notifications: Let us know when you're travelling and where you're going so you can avoid declined card transactions while you're there!
- Set up transaction alerts: Get notifications when selected transaction types occur, or block them outright.
- Set up location alerts: Control exactly where your card can be used. You can specify alerts for transactions that occur outside of your country, outside of your set region, or even outside of your device's current location.
- Card activation: Activate your new credit card after reporting it lost or stolen when you receive your physical card in the mail.
- Temporarily turn your card off
- Report your card lost or stolen
- Set transaction alerts when your card is used at specific merchants or transaction type
- Alert us of upcoming travel to avoid declined card transactions
Still have questions about Card Defense® app?
The Card Defense® app helps you manage and control your Clearview credit and debit cards. You can temporarily turn your card on or off, set transaction alerts, set travel notifications, make payments to your Clearview credit card, and more!
Card Defense® is now its own standalone app! You can find it in the App Store or Google Play Store.
To enroll your Clearview credit or debit card, you’ll tap Enroll on the home page. You’ll need to provide the card number and information about the primary cardholder to verify the card. Once the card is verified, you’ll create a user profile with a username and password.
No, you’ll need to create a new username and password to use in the Card Defense® app. We recommend using a different username and password than what you use for Online Banking and the Clearview app.
Tap on “Forgot Username” and enter the email address associated with your profile. You’ll be prompted to answer a security question. After you verify your identity, we’ll send your username via email.
- Tap on “Forgot Password” and enter your username and one of your card numbers. You’ll be prompted to answer a security question. After you verify your identity, we’ll send a temporary password via email.
- Login with your username and temporary password; you’ll be prompted to choose a new password.
- The temporary password that you receive is only valid for one hour. If you do not login within an hour, you’ll need to tap on “Forgot Password” again.
On the Account Summary, tap on the menu icon in the top left corner, then tap the Edit Profile icon to the right of your username. From this screen, you can manage your profile picture, edit profile information, update your password, and change security questions. Please keep in mind that these changes will not affect your information on your Clearview account.
Yes. If you have the card number and information about the primary cardholder, you can add the card at the time of enrollment or after enrollment by swiping to the far right in the Account Summary and then tap on Add Card.