Clearview awards $15,000 in scholarships to area students
Director, PR & Community Engagement
Clearview Federal Credit Union
Ten selected for 23rd Annual Ralph B. Canterbury Scholarship
Pittsburgh, PA, June 8, 2022…Clearview Federal Credit Union has selected ten outstanding Pennsylvania students to receive $1,500 scholarships for the 23rd Annual Ralph B. Canterbury Scholarship. The scholarship recipients represent a diverse group of exceptional student leaders.
The recipients include:
- Miles Brown, graduate of Pine-Richland High School, majoring in History at Grinnell College.
- Christopher Dvorak, graduate of Mars Area High School, majoring in Finance at Indiana University - Bloomington.
- Owen Masry, graduate of Moon Area High, majoring in Engineering at Penn State University.
- Olivia McCullough, graduate of Peters Township High School, majoring Biomedical Engineering at Virginia Tech.
- Mira Momayez, graduate of Chartiers Valley High School, majoring in English Literature at Kent State University.
- Anneliese Probeck, pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Case Western Reserve University.
- Kalynn Radzanowski, pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry at The Ohio State University.
- Nicholas Santucci, graduate of Aquinas Academy of Pittsburgh, majoring in Civil Engineering at University of Pittsburgh.
- Lauren Taylor, graduate of Wheeling Park High School, majoring in Journalism at West Virginia University.
- Lia Antionette Violago, graduate of Peters Township High School, majoring in Biology at Loyola University Chicago.
Since its inception, the annual Ralph B. Canterbury Scholarship program has provided over $230,000 to students across Pennsylvania. The scholarships are named in honor of Ralph B. Canterbury, former Clearview President/CEO, for his service and loyalty during his 34-year tenure. Recipients were chosen based on their personal goals, activities and community involvement, outstanding academic performance, and a video essay about the credit union of the future.
This scholarship program is part of Clearview's commitment to the financial well-being of the youth in the Pittsburgh region by providing an opportunity for assistance to pay for their education, allowing for future financial success.
"While we know these students' high school or collegiate careers may not be what they envisioned due to the effects of the pandemic, they continued to excel," said Ron Celaschi, Clearview President/CEO. "We are pleased to have the chance to acknowledge all of the hard work and accomplishments of this year's winners."
(l-r) Ron Celaschi – President & CEO; Mark Palastro - Clearview Board of Directors; Mira Momayez; Brian B. Notman, Jr. - Clearview Board of Directors; Lauren Taylor; Christopher Dvorak; Victoria Mell - Clearview Board of Directors; Robert Farrell -Clearview Board of Directors; Owen Masry; Doug Montanari - Clearview Board of Directors; Olivia McCullough; not pictured - Miles Brown; Anneliese Probeck; Kalynn Radzanowski; Nicholas Santucci; Lia Antionette Violago
About Clearview Federal Credit Union
Clearview Federal Credit Union has been in operation since 1953 and serves over 111,000 members with reported assets valued over $1.7 billion as of May 2022. Membership in Clearview is open to individuals who live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school in the Southwestern Pennsylvania community, which includes Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Washington and Westmoreland counties. Membership is also open to immediate family members of current Clearview members. Visit clearviewfcu.org for more information. Clearview Federal Credit Union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration and is an Equal Housing Lender. Visit clearviewfcu.org for more information.