24th Annual Ralph B. Canterbury Scholarship
Pittsburgh, PA, June 20, 2023…Clearview Federal Credit Union has selected ten outstanding students to receive $1,500 scholarships for the 24th Annual Ralph B. Canterbury Scholarship. The scholarship recipients represent a diverse group of exceptional student leaders.
The recipients include:
- Lindsay Baer, graduate of Elizabeth Forward High School, majoring in Architectural Engineering at Penn State University.
- Mia Falbo, graduate of Peters Township High School, majoring in Engineering at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Caroline Martell, graduate of Langley High School, majoring in Statistics, Human Rights, and Spanish at Barnard College.
- Adriana Montemurro, graduate of Highlands High School, majoring in Biology at Slippery Rock University.
- Lauren Naylor, pursuing a Doctorate in Physical Therapy at Slippery Rock University.
- Gavin Rawski, graduate of Montour High School, majoring in Actuarial Science at Penn State University.
- Farrah Reader, graduate of Belle Vernon High School, majoring in Business Management at Temple University.
- Amelia Valentino, graduate of Butler Senior High School, majoring in Physical Therapy at Duquesne University.
- Isaac Waller, graduate of Quaker Valley High School, majoring in Environmental Science at Virginia Tech.
- Alexander Welter, graduate of Bayard Rustin High School, majoring in Aerospace Engineering at Boston University.
Since its inception, the annual Ralph B. Canterbury Scholarship program has provided nearly $250,000 to students across Pennsylvania. The scholarship program is named in honor of Ralph B. Canterbury, former Clearview President and CEO, for his service and loyalty during his 34-year tenure. Recipients were chosen based on their personal goals, activities and community involvement, outstanding academic performance, and a video essay about the credit union of the future.
“We are immensely proud to recognize the exceptional achievements of the 2023 Ralph B. Canterbury Scholarship winners. These remarkable individuals have demonstrated unwavering dedication, outstanding academic achievements, and a true commitment to making a positive impact in their community,” said Lisa Florian, Clearview President and CEO. “As they embark on their educational journey, we are confident that they will continue to embody the spirit that the Ralph B. Canterbury Scholarship represents. We eagerly await the remarkable contributions they will make to shape our future."
This scholarship program is part of Clearview's commitment to the financial well-being of the youth in the Pittsburgh region by providing an opportunity for assistance to pay for their education, allowing for future financial success.
(l-r) Robert Farrell, Board of Directors; Brian B. Notman, Jr. - Chairperson, Board of Directors; Lisa Florian, President & CEO; Adriana Montemurro, scholarship recipient; Victoria Mell, Board of Directors; Mark Palastro, Board of Directors; Donald Billings, Board of Directors
(l-r) Robert Farrell, Board of Directors; Brian B. Notman, Jr., Chairperson - Board of Directors; Lisa Florian, President & CEO, Gavin Rawski, scholarship recipient; Victoria Mell, Board of Directors, Mark Palastro, Board of Directors; Donald Billings, Board of Director
About Clearview Federal Credit Union
Clearview Federal Credit Union has been in operation since 1953 and serves nearly 119,000 members with reported assets valued over $1.8 billion as of May 2023. Membership in Clearview is open to individuals who live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school in the Southwestern Pennsylvania community, which includes Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Washington and Westmoreland counties. Membership is also open to immediate family members of current Clearview members. Clearview Federal Credit Union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration and is an Equal Housing Lender. Visit clearviewfcu.org for more information.