Clearview In The Community
Since becoming a community-chartered credit union in 2004, Clearview employees have donated over 32,000 hours to volunteering! Clearview supports the communities of Southwestern Pennsylvania through a variety of programs each year, including the following:
Many local food pantries provide canned food, dry goods and household paper products to the needy members of our communities. Clearview and its employees support these local food pantries in many ways:
- Distribution – Employees volunteer weekly to distribute food and other dry goods to the clients of the food pantries.
- Delivery – The West Hills Food Pantry receives their supplies monthly from the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank. Clearview employees help unload the truck and stock the shelves and freezers.
- Thanksgiving Baskets – Clearview employees donate food for Thanksgiving Day meals in beautiful holiday baskets. The baskets are then passed out to many needy families at the local food pantries.
- Canned Food Collections – Twice a year, the West Hills Food Pantry receives a huge delivery of canned food. One delivery comes from the Postal Carriers and the other from the Mile of Cans collection held by the West Hills Christian Church. Our employees join the other volunteers to unload trucks and stock the shelves.
- Backpacks For Kids – New backpacks are purchased and filled by Clearview employees each summer. The local food pantries then distribute them to needy children at the start of the new school year.
- Winter Coats Collection – Employees donate gently worn winter coats each year to be distributed to both children and adults.
- Other Donations – Clearview and its employees make monetary donations, as well as other food donations throughout the year.
March of Dimes
Clearview employees and their families volunteer to “Walk for Babies” as a fundraiser for the March of Dimes each year. The walk takes place at Brady’s Run Park in Beaver Falls, PA to raise funds for research to prevent premature births and to give hope to families of more than 500,000 babies born too soon each year.
Clearview employees, along with employees of other credit unions from the Beaver Valley Chapter of Credit Unions, meet each year to participate in a fundraising Bowl-A-Thon. Clearview’s team has been participating since 2007 to raise money for the Pennsylvania Credit Union Foundation. The Pennsylvania Credit Union Foundation was formed in 1996 and provides individuals, credit unions and their communities with resources to stimulate socio-economic growth.
Joseph C. Cirelli Community Service Award
Clearview’s Joseph C. Cirelli Community Service Award is named in honor of former Clearview President and CEO, Joseph C. Cirelli, who served the Credit Union for 35 years. Since 2007, this annual award has benefited various nonprofit organizations and also acknowledged outstanding volunteers dedicated to charitable causes.
Clearview holds four employee blood drives each year at its Moon Township branch in support of the Central Blood Bank. The Central Blood Bank recruits donors and collects blood for patients, hospitals and healthcare customers.
Lee National Denim Day
Breast Cancer Awareness
Each October, Clearview switches to pink drive-up money canisters in support of breast cancer awareness month. The pink canisters were purchased from Diebold, Clearview's canister supplier, and are used at Clearview’s Moon Township branch. Diebold donates one dollar from the sale of each canister to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
Project Bundle Up
Clearview partners with Project Bundle-Up to serve disadvantaged senior citizens and children by helping them pick out new winter outerwear. Clearview employees and their families have participated in Project Bundle-Up since 1993 and look forward to the event every year. Volunteers help children choose brand new winter coats, hats & boots at a local department store after serving a breakfast supplied by the store.
Glade Run Christmas Toy Drive
Clearview employees participate in an annual Christmas Toy Drive to bring holiday spirit to the children in the residential homes of Glade Run. Glade Run, located in Zelienople, Pa, provides a positive, therapeutic environment for children who have had a traumatic life experience to bring back their hope for a brighter future. Glade Run provides healing through their residential treatment facility, group homes and emergency shelter.
Clearview maintains Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) at each of its branches. Having an AED device in each branch enhances Clearview's capabilities as an emergency responder in the event of a life-threatening medical emergency. Clearview is pleased to be able to provide AEDs for the safety and convenience of members and employees.